This Just In: Kite Flying Workshops at TOHU
This weekend, we test-drove a beautiful kite that we received for my son’s third birthday and had a blast. We took it to the local soccer field and the kids got such a kick out of holding it and watching it bob and weave in the sky. They also enjoyed watching dad frantically sprint after the kite when someone let go of the string.
Now that they’re excited about kite-flying, it would be great to take them to the “Bits of the Sky/Grain de ciel” event on Saturday, June 5 at TOHU.
With the help of kite-flying experts from Cerfs VolanStylistes, participants can learn both kite-making and kite-flying techniques. And it’s free!
Here’s the schedule for the day:
- Kite-making workshops for age 4 to 12 will be held at 11 a.m., 1 p.m., 2 p.m. and 3 p.m., lasting one hour. Forty five minutes will be spent on making kites, 15 minutes on flying techniques. Please register for the workshops when you arrive at the event.
- Kite-flying sessions for age 6 and up will be held from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. No registration required.
- Circus workshops for age 8 and up will be held at 10 a.m., 11 a.m., 5 p.m., 6 p.m. and 7 p.m., lasting 45 minutes. Registration required.
- Guided environmental tours for age 8 and up will be held at 10:30 a.m., 1 p.m., 2 p.m., 3 p.m., 5 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. Registration required at the event.
- Bike rallies will be held for age 8 and up at 10:30 a.m., 1 p.m. and 3:30 p.m., lasting 90 minutes. Registration required at the event. Bring your own bike.
- Hot Air Balloon rides (the balloon is tethered to the ground) will be held from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. Places are limited and can be won during the day.
- Nighttime kite-flying will be held from 9 to 9:45 p.m.
Event: Bits of the Sky/Grain de Ciel
Schedule: Saturday, June 5, 10 a.m. onward
Address: TOHU, 2345 Jarry St. E (corner Iberville), St. Michel, 514-376-TOHU, ext. 8648.