Get the full autumn experience at Ferme Benoit Vernier’s Citrouilleville, where pumpkins, Halloween, and everything fall abound. Whether you want to pick a pumpkin, tour the unique pumpkin houses, or pose in one of the many photo booths that dot the site, families can enjoy the fall season at this colourful site.
Located about 35 minutes from Montreal’s West Island, visitors can take part in several activities. A corn maze will have you searching through the twists and turns for King Corn, the master of the labyrinth. He will guide you through the maze where you’ll also find King Pumpkin and King Strawberry as well as other characters who will tell the story of Citrouilleville. Pose the family alongside an antique carriage, truck, or tractor for a photo with a lovely nature backdrop; and of course, there’s picking out just the right pumpkin for Halloween night decorating.
On Saturday evenings you can also enjoy the show Le Réveil du Dracurbitacée presented by Le Théâtre du Crapaud Cornu. There will be dragons, a castle, pumpkins, and fun for the whole family. The 45-minute show starts at either 7 or 8 p.m.
Before you go:
- If you’re visiting with infants or young kids, bring a baby carrier or wagon as it may be difficult to navigate a stroller on the grass at the farm.
- The site accepts only cash.
- In case of light rain, the village will be open, but if the weather does not allow a safe visit, it will be closed and posted on social media.
- Food trucks are on-site Saturdays starting at noon, and you’re also welcome to bring your own snacks or lunch.
- If you want to see the Saturday evening show, any ticket purchased the same day or since September 18 is valid. You just have to present your confirmation email at the entrance.
- Costumes of all kinds are encouraged.
Citrouilleville is open Saturdays from 9:30 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. and Sundays 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. On Thanksgiving weekend the site will also be open on Friday and Monday.
Reservations can be made online at citrouilleville.simplybook.me, or simply show up at the farm (only cash is accepted). A visit to Citrouilleville is $15 per adult and $10 per child.
Citrouilleville is located at Ferme Benoit Vernier
560 69e Ave., Saint-Zotique, J0P 1Z0
Related Read: Pumpkin picking not far from Montreal