La Ronde is shifting things into higher gear this season by offering Canada’s first virtual reality roller coaster experience, a new feature of the park’s signature ride, the Goliath.
Free with park admission, riders will have the option to be fully immersed in a virtual riding experience by wearing wireless Samsung Gear VR headsets powered by Oculus.
Your mission will not only to keep down your lunch but also to save Earth from an alien invasion. Riders will buckle in for combat as they get launched into virtual futuristic world, diving off a skyscraper and zooming through the city until coming upon a mother ship protected by drones that you must infiltrate and destroy from within.
The souped-up roller coaster is one of four additions to the park this upcoming season. For a limited time, fans of the Vampire will have a chance to experience the ride in a different way, literally. The seats will be flipped and the ride will run in reverse, offering a new rush on a park classic.
In addition, Adventure Avenue will make its debut, an area of the park that will introduce two new rides: the Phoenix, a two-passenger, interactive flying scooter ride, as well as Gravitor, a suspended gondola that lifts riders high while rotating them 360 degrees.
Opening day is May 21.
Also, for a limited period of time, La Ronde is offering big savings on summer 2016 season passes. Upon purchase of at least two passes, the cost is only $50 each (plus $1.99 online service fee) – a 45 per cent savings. In addition, you get upgraded to a gold season pass, which offers the following perks:
- Free Pink Sport Bottle
- Exclusive ride access each month
- VIP early entry to La Ronde before other guests
- Unlimited admission to La Ronde
- Unlimited admission to The Great Escape
- Unlimited admission to ALL Six Flags theme parks
- Special days when you can bring a friend free
- Significant discounts on park tickets for friends
- Hundreds of dollars worth of in-park savings
- Includes park admission to Fright Fest in October
- Price includes $2 online service fee per pass
This deal includes FREE parking and the option of paying for the passes in seven equal installments.
For more information, visit laronde.com.