If your family is looking to get in the Halloween “spirit” with a fun outdoor activity, why not check out Upper Canada Village in Ontario. Pumpkinferno is an annual event for all ages that features more than 7,000 handcrafted, glowing pumpkins along a one-kilometre long path.
Being held every night from September 30 to October 30, 2022, this year’s event will feature new exhibits of hand-carved artificial pumpkins and fan favourites from previous years. Once the sun sets on the 19th-century village, thousands of pumpkins will illuminate the village.
Artists have spent months designing and carving pumpkins to delight visitors. Some of the new exhibits include Lovers’ Lane, featuring famous couples; Legendary Lore and its fantastic beasts and mythical creatures; a homage to camping with The Great Outdoors; The Child Within Us featuring vignettes of children at play as well as a drool-worthy ode to snacks in Mega Munchies.
View this post on Instagram
While the experience takes place outdoors and is designed to accommodate mobility aids such as wheelchairs, accessibility nights are also offered on October 11, 18 and 25 for those with special needs. Reservations for accessibility nights can be done online.
Upper Canada Village is located at 13740 County Road 2, Morrisburg, Ont.
- Nightly until October 30.
- Now until to October 16 from 7 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- October 17-30 from 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Tickets are sold in 30-minute entrance time slots.
- Cost is $20 (ages 5 and up), free for children up to the age of 4.
- Guests or groups with limited mobility or sensory processing issues can ride in their own vehicles. (Tickets cost $20).
- Upper Canada Village is located at 13740 County Road 2, Morrisburg, Ontario
For more information, click here.