A playground of endless forests and crystal-clear lakes.
In 1936 on a cool, misty morning, Lou Handler and Omer Stringer paddled a red canoe across the still waters of South Tea Lake in Algonquin Park. They had a vision for a special place. One with countless outdoor activities, a community of soon-to-be lifelong friends and a place where kids were encouraged to learn, play and grow.
They found a children’s village, they found Camp Tamakwa.