Autism Awareness Gala
There is a fundraising luncheon to support families whose children are on the Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) in November. If you are interested in supporting this cause, here is the pertinent information.
6th Annual Honorary Autism Awareness Gala Luncheon
When: Sunday, November 6, 2011
Time: 1 p.m.
Location: Hyatt Regency Hotel
1255, rue Jeanne Mance
This year’s beneficiary will be La Fondation Place Coco, a not-for-profit children’s charity that provides support and promotes integration of children with ASD through the operation of a preschool and intervention facility.
During this gala, six community members will be honoured for their contribution to autism awareness. A Chinese auction will also take place during the luncheon. Any donations would be appreciated to contribute to this auction. Tickets for the luncheon are $50 each and can be purchased by calling (514) 758.6396 or by sending an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Did you know that…
- 1 out of 90 children in North America is now being diagnosed with an ASD
- ASD is four times more likely to occur in boys than in girls
- ASD is the fastest growing medial concern, more common than pediatric cancer, diabetes and AIDS combined
- There is currently no cure for ASD but research shows that early intervention treatment services can greatly improve a child’s development
- There are three different types of ASD : autistic disorder, Asperger syndrome, pervasive development disorder (also called atypical autism)